- Mark down test dates on your calendar so you and your child are both aware of testing dates.
- Make sure that your child does all homework and reading assignments to help your child be prepared for the test
- Make sure that your child gets enough sleep on the night before the test
- Relieve stress about the test by talking about the test with your child
Each Morning Before Testing:
- Make sure that your child gets up early enough so that he/she will be on time to school
- Ensure that your child eats a healthy breakfast; avoid heavy foods and high sugar foods
- Keep a positive attitude about tests
- Encourage your child to do his/her best
- Praise your child for trying his/her best on the test
- Praise your child when he/she does well on a test or for the hard work in preparing for the test.
- Talk about the ways you child can improve on the next test
- If you child is struggling on his/her tests, talk to your child about those areas and meet with your child's teacher to find out the best way to help your child